HomeHorizon ProductsGrazFeedMetAccessGrassGroAusfarmLambAlivePurchase NowCase StudiesGrazPlan ForumLinksAbout Us
|Users of GrassGro and other GRAZPLAN decision support tools form a distinct group committed to the use of objective information and a “whole system” approach to important grazing industry issues. The tools are also used in the education of future farmers, industry advisors and researchers.
A forum has been developed to:
- facilitate communication between users and with the GRAZPLAN development team.
- foster the exchange of ideas, resources and practical advice relevant to decision support tool application
- provide feedback to the GRAZPLAN development team on emerging industry issues.
The GRAZPLAN Web Forum is available at
- Quality-assured content by CSIRO. Documents, comments or discussion contributed to the website are only available after approval from the GRAZPLAN group.
- Announcements of upcoming events, for example the release of a new version of GrassGro and publication of GrassGro applications in the rural media or at conferences
- Discussion board
- Links to relevant websites, for example electronic soil survey information managed by State Departments
- Answers to questions commonly asked by new and experienced GrassGro users
- Surveys - a brief on-line questionnaire on GrassGro’s use in tertiary and adult education
- Documents, including descriptions of case studies in a range of locations and enterprises
- Input files for immediate use in GrassGro, that describe locations of particular interest, for example the weather, soils and pasture systems for a range of key study sites and agricultural research stations
- Reference lists of publications that demonstrate GrassGro’s application
- Slide shows that clearly convey GrassGro’s function and use in industry case studies and can be used with GrassGro users’ clients or students
This project is supported by funding from Australian Wool Innovation
All comments and feedback welcome on-line, by return email or phone to:
CSIRO Agriculture and Food, GPO Box 1600, Canberra, ACT 2601
Telehone: (02) 6246 5290 Facsimile: (02) 6246 5399